Harmony: Charlottesville Day School Magazine
Winter 2019 Issue
CDS students had the opportunity to create several articles in this edition of the magazine, doing everything from planning layout, interviewing and writing.
- Spirit Bears: Teacher Karin Reed makes sure her class enjoys learning both in the classroom and on the road.
- Talking Hoops: Get the inside scoop from the coach and members of the boys and girls basketball teams.
- Wednesdays at CDS: This special day breaks up the week and adds variety and excitement to life at the school.
- Guiding Light: A legend in the education field, Carol Tomlinson has inspired the teaching philosophy at CDS since the school’s first days.
Spring 2019 Issue
The second edition of Harmony ranges from a look at how CDS’s youngest students learn and play to a check-in with some our alumni.
- The Cubs: Led by Rita Moore, CDS’s youngest students capture hearts while they enjoy making their way in a big new world
- Report Card: It’s the second year of our five-year strategic plan. Hear more about our progress toward making CDS even better.
- The Detectives: Middle School students and Clare O’Brien eagerly explore the Classics in search of exigency.
- Alumni Speak: High school and college students reflect on their time at CDS and how it’s prepared them for what’s next.
Winter 2017 Issue
Our first issue of Harmony! We created the magazine to document and celebrate what we’ve accomplished together as teachers, administrators, parents, grandparents, supports and, of course students.
- Townley Cole: Celebrating her 50th year of teaching, Townley Cole brings heart and wisdom to her Panda Bear classroom.
- Strategic Plan: As CDS begins its second decade, the school looks to build on its strengths and explore new territory.
- The Voice of Gus: The story of how Gus Wise learned to sing after years of trying reveals volumes about the CDS culture.
- Memory Lane: Education doesn’t only happen inside a classroom. Karin Reed looks back at one such experience.