BEARS DAY CAMPS
These camps are for rising K- through 4th-grade students
Half Day – 9:00am – 12:00pm – $200.00
Do you want your child to be excited, exploring, and exercising this summer? CDS camps provide young learners with multiple avenues to not only develop their academic skills, but to also play, create, and be active! Bears Day campers spend their mornings growing as readers, writers, scientists and/or mathematicians as they explore different subjects, alongside skilled educators who have a passion for teaching.
Week 1: June 14 – 18
BOOKMAKING: Read, Write, Play!
- Join friends on a reading adventure! Campers will experience all aspects of reading and writing while experiencing stories in many exciting ways. They will become authors, illustrators, and storytellers, and embrace the joy of listening to many wonderful tales. Campers will also have the chance to be active and play outside, enjoying all that summer has to offer!
Week 2: June 21 – 25
- Join Ms. Alex this summer to experience all that play has to offer! This week will be spent playing beloved games with new and exciting twists. During the week, campers will make new friends while building teamwork skills, learning to communicate and cooperate, and enjoying as much time as possible outdoors. Come ready to play and be active!
Week 3: June 28 – July 2
HEALTHY BODIES, HEALTHY MINDS
- Love to dance? Isn’t yoga fun? Want to create some healthy recipes? Come move your body to a beat and feel healthy during this fitness and cooking class. In this camp, students will play active games, discover new dance moves, and eat healthy and delicious snacks that they have cooked. Join this camp and do something good for your mind and body!
Week 4: July 5 – 9
- Do you love to care for furry friends? Spend the week with Ms. Alex, focusing on all things pet related! Campers will craft toys and treats for dogs, cats, and other animal friends, as well as listen to animal-themed read alouds. Campers can share the love as they take their crafts home for their own pets, or make some to donate to animals at the local SPCA. It’s going to be paws-itively purr-fect!
Week 6: July 19 – 23
- Calling all nature lovers! Join Ms. Jennie and spend the week learning how to grow and care for plants while exploring the how and why behind their unique needs and life cycles. Campers will garden, build, craft and nurture as they enjoy time both in and out of doors, getting to know one another, as well as the plants they grow!
Week 7: July 26 – 30
- Give new life to what would be trash! Looking at discarded objects through a new lens, campers will learn to find the beauty in reusing and recycling. They will study specific art techniques to apply to their own projects, and enjoy time to let their own creativity blossom. Campers, come ready to think outside the box and look at things in a whole new light!
Week 8: Aug 2 – 6
- Come build, problem solve, create, and explore with Ms. Tiffany and jump into the world of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)! Each day, campers will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in one of these areas, working on projects that encourage cooperation and collaboration. Whether it is building bridges to cross an imaginary river, or brightening the world with beautiful works of art, campers are sure to grow in this exciting and engaging week of camp!
LITTLE BEARS CAMPS
These camps are for 2 years old through 5 years old
Is your child looking for some socially-distanced learning and activities with friends this summer? At Little Bears Camps children will play games, exercise outdoors and make connections between different content areas!
Families are asked to provide several snacks, a lunch, a water bottle, and sunscreen each day.
Half Day – 9:00am – 12:00pm ($215)
Full Day – 9:00am – 3:00pm ($315)
Week 1: June 14-18
SPLASH INTO SUMMER
- Splash into Summer. Let’s celebrate the season! Learn about aquatic animals and their habitats while exploring the ocean and diving right into summer fun.
Week 2: June 21-25
OOEY, GOOEY SCIENCE
- Channel your inner scientist. Campers will feed their curiosity by asking questions, making predictions, and performing experiments. An experiment a day will make learning feel more like play.
Week 3: June 28-July 2
- Campers will leap into the Mesozoic Era when T. Rex roamed the Earth. Your budding paleontologist will learn all about dinosaurs and foster their curiosity while exploring the past.
Week 4: July 5-9
READY, SET, CREATE
- Calling all artists! This week will be filled with creative projects as campers explore all different forms of art. Campers will don their art smocks to paint, draw, craft and create beyond their wildest imaginations!
Week 5: July 12-16
ON THE FARM
- A-moo-sed by farm animals and crops? Kids will investigate the sights and sounds of friendly farm animals and discover how farmers grow many of the foods we eat.
Week 6: July 19-23
FUR, FINS, AND SCALES
- Come learn about Earth’s weirdest and wackiest creatures! From the bottom of the sea to high in the sky and everywhere in between, we will study all there is to know about animal life.
Week 7: July 26-30
- It is time to cook! Campers will go on a culinary adventure as they become chefs for the week! They will whip up an appetite with healthy but still delicious summertime recipes.
Week 8: Aug 2-6
BUGS AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- Come get up close and personal to the natural world surrounding us. Campers will dig and discover insects in the great outdoors during this last exciting week of camp. Please dress to get dirty!
Week 1: June 14 – 18
Full Day – 9:00am – 3:00pm – $350.00
ANNIE, JR (rising 4th-9th grade)
- Come join the CDS Theater Team for this fun-filled week of singing and dancing, as the irrepressible comic strip heroine takes center stage in one of the world’s best-loved, award-winning musicals! Campers will have the opportunity to take part in all facets of the theater experience, from learning lines and choreography to sharing their work with an audience at the end of the week!
Week 5: July 12 – 16
Half Day – 9:00am – 12:00pm – $250.00
WILLY WONKA KIDS! (rising 1st-4th grade)
- Join us this summer as the elementary theater camp performs Willy Wonka, Kids! Roald Dahl’s timeless story of the world-famous candy man and his quest to find an heir is a golden ticket to singing, dancing and adventure. Campers will have the opportunity to take part in all aspects of the theater experience, from learning lines and choreography to sharing their work with an audience at the end of the week!